[Sca-librarians] miko question

mhermance4 mhermance4 at myway.com
Mon May 7 20:01:39 CDT 2007

 My dear and esteemed collegues! I think the fault is mine, so if you want to beat up a librarian, it should be me!
(I should get a clip on the head for not using EBSCO, at the very least.) I made my request too vague, and I should know better.

 Here's the actual question: why is it that miko did not become denegrated to the point of being accused of being witches, while women in Europe had this happen to them? The easy answer is, of course, that the miko were not deemed a threat to the Japanese equivalents to Church and State. But I want to give a bit of background in with such a short, almost glib answer.

 Needless to say, some of this material is too specialized for my friend's answer, but I'm enjoying it no end, and it has all been a big help to me. My thanks again, Tuiren de Childgrove