[Sca-librarians] TI Format

Loren D Mendelsohn lmend at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Wed May 23 18:38:50 CDT 2007

It seems to me that neither of these reports really does
away with the semi-scholarly nature of TI full-length
articles.  They focus more on new features.  Two of the
most prestigious journals in the sciences, Science and
Nature, both have extensive news, event reports, and
occasional humor sections, but that does not in any
diminish the prestige of the journals.  Also, I think that
it's necessary to provide a less focused venue like TI for
briefer articles.  Compleat Anachronist issues are always
focused on a single topic, and as often as not, are single
long essays or articles rather than collections of smaller
articles.  As such, the prospect of publishing in CA is
perhaps more daunting than publishing in TI.

-- Galefridus Perigrinus