[Sca-librarians] Help! Seeking for a patron

Jennifer D. Miller jdmiller at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 18:52:17 CDT 2007

So, is the patron wanting *any* company or a *specific* company that
deals with facsimiles of  indulgences and is located in England? Or is
s/he perhaps looking for English Indulgences (issued in England in the
Middle Ages)? If you can get a specific country or region, that would
help narrow things down.

And yes, there are complete books on the subject of indulgences, but
perhaps none on the modern *collecting* of indulgences in manuscript
form.

Here's one history book, for what it's worth:
"Promissory Notes on the Treasury of Merits: Indulgences in Late
Medieval Europe" edited by Robert N. Swanson
<http://worldcat.org/oclc/70167821>

Yana Groznaia, Midrealm