[Sca-librarians] Job Hunt

FV/Rafaella rafaella13 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 14:52:50 CDT 2008

Greetings Sorcha (et al),

Hey, don't knock AnTir! :-)
I know you're kidding about your Tacoma comment, but
those Blaitha an Oir folks up there are quite nice and
Pacific LutheranU and Uof Puget Sound would both be
great places to work. They have a new glass museum in
Tacoma (oooo aaaaa).

My fave site for pacific nw jobs is the PNLA jobs
page:
http://www.pnla.org/jobs/index.htm

However, due to UW and Emporia kicking out local grads
on a continual basis and the fact that the PNW has
become a destination moving area, the job market is
tight!

but your skills are not my skills. You should apply
often and early for openings that you are
passionate/excited about. You never know when your
special talent X will be just the thing your next
library needs, regardless of experience.

Are you also looking at special libraries?
The local SLA chapter is quite active.
http://careercenter.sla.org/search/index.cfm?

As someone else suggested, post a link to your resume
so we can see your skills and try to assist in the
right direction.

Hang in there!

YIS,
Rafaella d'Allemtejo
Dragon's Mist, AnTir

mka Friday Valentine, Serials & Metadata Librarian,
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
http://www.ohsu.edu/library/staff/valentif/