[Sca-librarians] Library Assistant fired over book

Vandy Tune trimarianlibrarian at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 04:57:38 CDT 2008

We all have encountered the "unique and unusual" in our libraries; however,
the professional librarian, the trained person in dealing with all types of
patrons, understands that library behavior and reading choices are a sacred
trust, a freedom protected by the Constitution.  And while protected, not
many yearn to have their library behaviors and reading choices displayed to
the world for public viewing.  I believe the comment alludes to that idea of
privacy that professional librarians consider the cornerstone of good
librarianship.

Just offering a perspective,

Lady Franca Donato
Kingdom Librarian of Trimaris

(mundanely professional teacher librarian)

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:18 PM, Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com