[Sca-librarians] Cotton glvoes?

Tammy Ackerson ackerson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 11:20:59 CST 2008

I agree with Johnna's suggestion to call and inquire with the library.
 Some libraries have moved away from the "cotton gloves" treatment of
old materials, because they found that the impaired sensation caused
readers to inadvertently tear pages.

Our American Heritage Center library here on the University of Wyoming
campus asks guests to wash their hands and not apply lotion before
handling the materials, to minimize skin oils and other things that
damage paper, and they are finding that their oldest materials are
taking a lot less of a beating as a result.

Sorcha
...coming up briefly for air, but looking at a pretty successful first
semester of an MLIS program if the next ten days go right.