[Sca-librarians] is this a case for censorship?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Sep 3 07:35:59 CDT 2008

Books get canceled or changed all the time. At times it seems like
publisher's
whims or maybe author's whims. (We were working on my husband's latest
book just last evening.)

See
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/08/13/0813spellberg.html
The Jewel of Medina was just canceled for instance.

I suppose the question is do they really need a Daring Book for Girls at
all or does playing
the

digeridoo just make it all more daring?

What is it they say about publicity?