[Sca-librarians] Aug 14 Staff Training on Library Ethics

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Aug 27 16:11:01 CDT 2009

It's also a case of standing up in these difficult situations.
I hate to say it but not all librarians believe or subscribe.

I bought a number of popular fictional books by a lesbian author who
lived just one
county over from the county where I was running the public library.
These mysteries were quite popular.

Within the year after I moved on, the new librarian had removed all of
those books
because she personally did not approve of gays. This extended to non-gay
mysteries
written by gays.

Johnna