[Sca-librarians] Aug 14 Staff Training on Library Ethics

Judith Kirk judith.a.kirk at wmich.edu
Fri Aug 28 07:31:38 CDT 2009

The topic of ethics is a hot-button issue here at Western too.

We have subscribed/embraced the code of ethics from ALA and ACRL...
our Library Administration is very much in support. My immediate
supervisor (and head of Cataloging) wrote a paper as a grad student
on library ethics as well. Ah, the benefits of working in a large
academic library... and I know how wonderful that is. I worked a
year in a small high school library and censorship was a big item in
that small community. Lots of pressure to remove books the parents
felt were improper for the students to read.

Siobhan