[Sca-librarians] Medieval MSS

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 17:49:52 CST 2009

This appeared on SCA Today but I don't recall it appearing here.

Johnnae

    Catalogue provides digital access to medieval manuscripts

Submitted by Milica on Mon, 2009/01/05 - 10:51.

    * Modern Society <http://www.scatoday.net/taxonomy/term/140>
    * Scribal Arts <http://www.scatoday.net/taxonomy/term/111>

UCLA's Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies has created a
/Catalogue of Digitized Medieval Manuscripts/ to provide "a simple and
straightforward means to discover medieval manuscripts available on the
web."

 From the website:

    The Catalogue of Digitized Medieval Manuscripts offers a simple and
    straightforward means to discover medieval manuscripts available on
    the web. Very much a work in progress, the database currently
    provides links to hundreds of manuscripts, which we expect quickly
    to grow to thousands. Basic information about the manuscripts is
    fully searchable, and users can also browse through the complete
    contents of the database. As the project develops, a richer body of
    information for each manuscript, and the texts in these codices,
    will be provided, where available.

/Thanks to THL Francesca de Onorati and the SCA Librarians./

    Related Links

    * Catalogue of Digitized Medieval Manuscripts (54)
      <http://www.scatoday.net/links/goto/12877/6404/links_related>
    * SCA Librarians (11)
      <http://www.scatoday.net/links/goto/12877/6405/links_related>