[Sca-librarians] "Encyclopedia of Islam", second edition (Brill)

snspies at aol.com snspies at aol.com
Thu Nov 3 14:10:58 CDT 2011

Argh.  Not only do I not have $750 to buy a used edition of this multi-volume book, but I was not allowed to access it on-line today, even IN PERSON, at the Johns Hopkins Eisenhower library because I am not a student or have some sort of affiliate card.  Yes, of course I am completely aware of proprietary rights, etc., but this, along with JSTOR's exclusivity, is enough to drive a researcher completely batty.  Hence, with the goal of saving my remaining sanity, is there anyone who wold be so very kind as to look up one entry for me?  I would be deeply grateful, as always.

I used to think that, in my next life, I would be an archaeologist, but apparently I need to be a college librarian instead.

Nancy