[Sca-librarians] Barcodes on the OUTSIDE of books

Carlson, Marc marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Tue Jul 9 15:08:57 CDT 2013

Of course the University of Tulsa is still doing them on the outside back cover, along the bottom near the spine.  There's so little that works around here, when we find something that does, we tend to stick with it :)  That's how we're doing Special Collections books too whenever we have books with Mylar jackets or boxes.

On some of the earliest barcode labels that has been intermittent seepage around the edges, but not on those applied in the past 15 years or so.

Diarmaid

I. Marc Carlson
Librarian of Special Collections and University Archives, McFarlin Library, The University of Tulsa
2933 E 6th St.
Tulsa, OK  74104
(918) 631-2882

Website: http://www.utulsa.edu/libraries/mcfarlin/special-collections.aspx