[EKStationers] Top heavy groups

manerva1018 at aol.com manerva1018 at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 09:39:18 CST 2006

I honestly think at this time regional wardens are not necessary. If eveyone is at the top of the group, there is no one at the bottom or middle. Kind of why have wardens in the first place? If the group grows then maybe we can re-address this in the future. So I think wardens are a great idea, just regional ones are not. But maybe try to spread the warden spots to different areas of the kingdom?

Also, I think wardens should be well versed in the area they are wardens off. Mind you they don't have to be Laurels or anything but being able to tell the difference between rag, bamboo, vellum, linen, smooth finish papers or hot or cold press, at a sight or touch might help. Maybe some history, some knowledgeof making parchment, papyrus, rice or cotton papers. Ya know, stuff like that.

Don't make or become a warden just to fill a spot. If you don't know much about a style/skill/technique they I suggest leave it open until someone of those skills step in. I we might also want to advertise more that we are including papermakers to the a&s lists and see who joins up. Because I know a lot of people still think this guild is only about the skill of binding books only, not the other aspects of it.

These were just my thoughts a couple of things I saw being discussed. I am crawling back to my frantic costume making for Crystal Snowflake now. :)

Thanks,
Heather Rose MacGordon