[Artemisia] Re: Thought for discussion

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Wed Nov 12 10:53:48 CST 2003

 How about the concept of learning from and teaching people because you have somethingto share, *not* because of their SCA rank!? Many people come into the SCA with a wealth of knowledge.  They may not have a peerage, or even an AoA, but they may have a lot to offer. And just because someone has a peerage does not mean they know what you want to learn. I have also heard it said that some peers wait for people to come to them and ask questionsrather than being percieved as foisting their opinions/teachings on an unwilling participant. Just some things to consider, Theodora--- On Wed 11/12, John Johnson < yourguess03 at yahoo.com > wrote:From: John Johnson [mailto: yourguess03 at yahoo.com]To: ladythea at myway.com, artemisia at lists.gallowglass.orgDate: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:36:22 -0800 (PST)Subject: RE: [Artemisia] Re: Thought for discussion
I agree that invisible doesn't mean unappreciated.  Nothing wrong with being invisible as I play under a different personna in almost under kingdom I visit.  Playing more behind the scenes make it more difficult for others to benefit from one's experience and talents. While I like the idea of "Largesse" being one of the character traits that is looked for in making a peer, I don't know if I see the trait in many peers.  I find that I have better success learning something from somebody with only an AoA and over the years I have turned away by many peers that I have approached when I truly needed assistance.  Michael