[Artemisia] Lamb recipes

Iohne MacDhaibhidh iohne_macdhaibhidh at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 19:32:34 CST 2003

My try:

I'm not much for lamb myself, but I once had it cooked
this way in Germany and it was yummy!

Marinate the cut of lamb in the following overnight:

Pfefferminz Schnapps
A diced peeled apple
a few mint leaves
a bit of rosemary
a bit of sage
a pinch of ground clove
a handfull of raisins
a clove of garlic
a quarter of a minced onion
some pepper and salt
and a bit of caraway

Remove the lamb from the marinate and braise on all
sides to seal in the juices.  Place in a roater, in
the marinate and bake at 350 until the desired
done-ness is reached (as mentioned in a previous
post).

Thicken the remaining juice and drippings slightly
with starch as a glaze.

Serve with red cabbage:

place a shredded red cabbage, another diced apple, a
handful of raisins, a quarter cup of apple sauce, a
tablespoon of sugar, fennel and caraway in a pot and
cook until soft.

With these two dishes serve Semmelkloesse (which I
unfortunately don't have the recipe to, but in essence
it is balls of bread stuffing such as we eat with
turkey.) and top off with a nice pilsner beer!

=====
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes.
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
Terream non malas.