[Artemisia] Upcoming event -need feedback

Jeff Webster red_belt at msn.com
Mon Feb 23 08:22:28 CST 2004

BALLISTA !!!
Oh yea!

Ulric
(not that one, the other one)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Godwin fitzGilbert de Striguil
  To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org
  Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 7:07 AM
  Subject: [Artemisia] Upcoming event -need feedback

  I co-autocratted an 'archery' based event last year, and will be
  autocrating the same event this year. Except last year's was a one day
  event, and this year will be a camping event about 2.5 days. (Fri eve to
  Sun eve).

  The theme is again archery, or more to the point, weapons that fly
  through the air.

  The areas that I am looking at have enough space to allow a full-on
  english clout shoot plus other activities at the same time, so I also
  want to have a siege engine tourney.

  The event will be held July 9-11, in or around Boise Idaho, or within 2
  hours driving distance of Boise. Three locations are being considered
  right now.

  How many on this list would be interested in a Siege Engine Tourney?

  I am also considering to include some hard suit, some rapier, target
  archery, combat archery, and horseback archery. It's a lot for 2.5 days,
  and I may have to weed some things out, or reduce in length some items,
  but I wanted a little bit of something for everybody.

  Just trying to get an idea for planning purposes, plus get feedback and
  ideas for conducting a successful event.

  Thanks!

  Lord Godwin fitzGilbert de Striguil
  Autocrat - Challenge of Sherwood.