[Artemisia] Membership Perks - was Cost of Uprising

Femmehippiegirl at aol.com Femmehippiegirl at aol.com
Fri Mar 26 15:22:36 CST 2004

you know...i have to "second" that idea.  it does sound nicer and make membership sound like a perk rather than making
non-membership a penalty.  i recall something similar  being bandied about 9 or 10 years ago.  (back in the days when i too was a paying member.)

just as an additional 2 cents...being a non-member is not really that hard to justify. (and doesn't cause you to sprout horns or make you a national threat or anything...)  i've attended 3 events this year.  i might attend one more - depends upon school schedule and etc.  the additional cost of those events still doesn't add up to the price of a membership if you've got low attendance-itis. if the sca were my primary source of entertainment the way it was back "in the day" then i'd pay up no questions asked.  but since that "honor" now runs more toward de-hairballing the cats, discovering various ways to avoid bringing a sculpture assignment home or figuring out how many more miles i can get out of my truck on $1.50 in gas i feel o.k. about depriving the society of my measly few bucks.

cheers!

ramona

Naquiba Raym bint Qasim al-Andalusi
Once and Future Geek