[Artemisia] Re: Artemisia Digest, Vol 8, Issue 24

Naima ladywolf89 at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 21:32:50 CDT 2004

<I believe that this was the yellow flag iris.
The story goes that the king was leading his army
and came to a river.  He needed to cross but did
not know if it was safe.  Then he noticed the iris
growing far out into the water and knew it was
shallow enough to cross.  In thanks he adopted it
as his symbol.>
-ahh so that's why he chose it lol, I'll have to do
more research on it and get the full story if I can
find it, the little flower thingy didn't say *why*
just that it was lol

naima

=====
Sayyida Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya, CGP
Shire of Bronzehelm
Kingdom of Artemisia

Don't let other people's littleness bring out the littleness in you!