[Artemisia] Re: ATTENTION NORTHERN ARTEMISIANS!!

Dan S. wyddershin at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 23:28:46 CST 2005

Greetings,

As a former Northern Alliance type, and someone who admittedly no longer
lives within the borders of Artemisia, let me just say I think this is a bad
idea.

Once you put a fence up, you have 'us' and 'them'.

When we did it between Utah and Arizona it made sense.

All cutting Montana off as a region does is build hostility with the rest of
the Kingdom. You now also have provided those who weren't traveling north a
reason not to cross the imaginary line. They aren't welcome are they?
Otherwise why do you have that line?

If the groups in Montana really want to fix their situation they should get
their poop in a group and make some Baronies. Billings is mundanely MUCH
larger than Missoula. The fact that they STILL haven't got their act
together and gone Barony is an embarrassment.

I can say these things out loud that other only think or whisper because I
no longer have a dog in this fight, but we *all* have been joking about it
for years.

Likewise, Bozeman and Great Falls should be able to pull it off as well, or
maybe not. Why can't they?

The real problem is people in the Kingdom are not traveling. It's been that
way since Artemisia was a region. One upon a time the Baronies forced the
Crown to rotate Crown tourney. The Crown wasn't happy, but it was ultimately
good for the Kingdom. Maybe a similar rotation would work now? Two baronies,
then a shire, then the other two baronies then another shire, rinse, repeat.

All I know is good fences make good neighbors. But families don't put up
fences.

Don't mistake change for progress.

In Service,

Sir Daniel
(Second Baron of Sentinels Keep and Old Used Rabble-Rouser)