[Artemisia] Last call - Toys for Tots!! (correct directions)

ChanaMB at aol.com ChanaMB at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 18:25:25 CST 2005

Toys For Tots
Once  again it is that time of year that we the Shire of Arrows Flight do
call upon  the most noble and chivalrous folk of our great kingdom. We invite you
to join  us this day and show all the honor and generosity of our most noble
society.  The year is 1066 and we  are somewhere in  England, and  it’s
Christmas Day. For days now everyone at the castle has been busy preparing  the
special food dishes to be served that night in the Grand Hall. All the  castles
rooms and halls have been cleaned and decorated in preparation for this
special day and now all are waiting for the arrival of you, our guests and  friends,
so the fun and games can begin.
Activities planned for this day will be many and all will  challenge your
strength, wit, speed and skills. On this day we will be  determining our shire’s
Arts and Sciences champion. There will be many  tournaments this day for fun
and honor. Tourneys for hard suit, rapier, boffer,  and period games will help
all contestants to collect extra tokens to determine  the winner of the day.
We hope to have storytellers, bards, and other performers  to help entertain
our guests this day.
We  ask that you bring you bring at least one toy and a canned food item. You
may  bring more toys and use the tokens from their donation towards bribes
and or  rewards for contestants and performers in the different tourneys and
activities  of the day. Toys should be unwrapped and unopened in their original
packaging.  All food items should be non perishable. All toys will be donated
to the United  States Marine Corps Toys for Tots program. All food items will
be donated to the  local food bank.
The Site:  Utah National Guard Armory in  Spanish Fork Utah located at  2751
N Main Street. The site  opens at 10:00 AM and closes at  10:00 PM. The site
is dry and no pets  are allowed. There are showers on site.
Directions to the Site: Take I-15 to  Springville. Take exit # 260. Once off
the freeway turn west on State Rd. 72 and  go 0.4 miles, then turn left on to
Main  Street and go another 1.1 miles and the armory will  be on the right
hand side of the road.
Site Fees: Adults $5.00, 12 and under  $3 with a $3 surcharge for nonmembers.

Feast Fees: Adults $ 7.00 12 and under  $4. Prepaid feast reservations should
be sent to Karina Tucker at  1937 S Main St. Orem  UT 84058  before Nov 6,
2005. Please  make checks payable to Arrows’ Flight, SCA Inc.
Event steward: Lord Robert Silverbow of  the Fells: Robert Handley 891 East
400 North:  Springville, Utah  84663: Home phone 801-491-0450:  Cell
801-735-1900 Please no calls after 10  PM.