[Artemisia] Sage cover art

John Lawler woodmancreations at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:45:39 CST 2005

I don't usually post much on here, but I have an idea(s) that may or may not
be feasible: How about a great photo of the new prince/princess getting
crowned at crown tournament for Nov. cover art and then the new King and
Queen at their coronation in April....etc and so on. It would at least take
care of at least 4 months of cover art. And what about those royals
commissioning an original portrait to grace the cover. Sometimes groups that
are far removed from the central part of our Kingdom do not even know what
the king, queen, prince or princess look like! I am not much of an artist in
the drawing sense, but there are those out there that excel in it....STEP
FORWARD!!! I know some people may be hesitant to show their work due to
shyness, lack of self confidence...etc. Friends of those people .....KICK EM
IN THE PANTS! Tell them their stuff is worthy and to send it in...better yet
send it in for them(release form signed of course)!

And what about an original sketch of an A&S entry...just prior to the
kingdom A&S competition or immediately after by one of the participants or
winner. I always do a sketch of the furniture I build for someone before I
actually make it. You know some original brainstorming for an A&S entry
before it is refined and eventually made....a recipe for xmas goodies for
Dec. issue or a cut out for an ornament or snowflake. How about a sketch of
a maple leaf or OAK LEAF for a fall issue, or flowers for a spring issue. A
front page of devices from all corners of the Kingdom. This could happen
multiple times. Have people send in their device and when you have enough
put them all together and a cover page is born! It would be a great filler
for periods when there is a lack of original artwork. For instance it would
have been cool to have Gryphon's Lairs' device grace the cover for August to
celebrate their Investiture. But that sort of thing will happen again(wink).

And rather than saying "oh that can't be done" or "its too hard"...just make
it happen!

As with Juliana...just my 2-1/2 cents worth.

Ely of Silver Oak
Shire of Crystal Crags

An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can still hold on to one blade of
grass and not fall off the face of the earth!