[Artemisia] The last of the cover art caper...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Nov 12 10:28:26 CST 2005

You know, Godwin, I was starting to entertain hopes that I might actually
make it through this entire unfortunate thread without giving in to the
overwhelming desire to respond to some of the posts I've seen this week, but
yours pushed me neatly over the edge.  So, while I will let Her Excellency
Juliana defend herself, if she feels it necessary, I would like to add a few
points on my own.
1.  HE Juliana was referring to a thread from a closed list of which most of
the kingdom is not a member, and is honoring the privacy of that list in not
broadcasting specifics to another list unless granted permission from the
original posters on the closed list.  That's basic good manners (one of
those peer-like qualities, dontchaknow), and not some sort of coy, sly
innuendo or slander.
I'd start practicing your apology--you're quite wrong in this case.  I quite
distinctly know the specific conversation to which she's referring, so I
know it's not something she's pulling out of thin air to make a point.  And
no, you're not getting details from me either, unless I have permission from
the original posters.
2.  Juliana is also out of town at the moment, having fun attending what are
probably some *awesome* hockey games, so she will not be responding before
Monday at the earliest, if she does.

And Morgan, if you want a topic on a list to die, the best way to achieve
that is to refrain from repeating someone else's request while also managing
to add your own insulting touches.  I may not be able to submit viable art
for anyone's newsletter (I can *maybe* draw a circle with the help of a
compass), but that does not, should not, and will not keep me from holding
my own opinions about artwork, whether they're in a graphic novel, on my
wall, or on the front cover of my kingdom's newsletter.

--Maire, OL, OP, and various other alphabetical combinations