[Artemisia] Giants Walking the Earth

Richard Samul scascot at appleisp.net
Tue Oct 18 17:17:36 CDT 2005

Sadly, I have seen some of the "Giants Walking the Earth" become "giants in
the playground, unaware of whom they are stepping on." To be sure, not all
are like that, but I have seen my fair share.

Still, I remember my "heroes of legend" from my early days in the SCA, those
that others would call giants. Those are the people I choose to remember -
those whose stature is not measured by their prowess on the field, the sharp
wagging of their tongue, or their adeptness at backstabbing, but rather are
measured and known for walking the talk of Chivalry, Honor and Courtesy
(aka, "The Dream").

This post brought a smile to my face as I thought of those who, measured in
this way, stand shoulder to shoulder with the Titans, and a tear to my eye
when I recalled those no longer with us, who stand waiting for us in that
which comes after this life.

--
Earc