[Artemisia] Raptor War Fire - Baron of Arn Hold

Baron Arnhold bnbarnhold at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 10:08:06 CDT 2005

Greetings,

In all of my years in the S.C.A., I've seen a million good blows, I've seen thousands of nobel deeds and amazing pieces of masterpiece art.  But the thing that touches me most and makes my heart swell, is the care and love that we show each other.

When the event was called and people were asked to pack up.  Those with smaller easy camps quickly packed up and immediately went to assist those who were in larger more detailed camps or were camping by themselves.  No one left site until everyone was just about completely finished or at the point where more bodies would have been a hinderance rather than a help.  Everyone checked in with each other and watched out for each other.  First timers worked side by side with Dukes and old timers to ensure that the public pavillions were tore down quickly, stacked and packed up BEFORE starting on their own camps.

There are SO many people to thank for this event, and I'm sorry that we could not have evening court, but while trickets are nice, YOU are what make up the S.C.A. not the number of shinies you have.  We will be having Thank Yous, awards, volunteer raffle drawings for time you served, etc. at our next event, Museum Comes to Life on September 24th in Boise Idaho.

Special thank yous go to the Event Stewarts for their amazing work both prior and during the quick exit.  They and their staff organized a wonderful event and Her Excellency and I recieved many glowing comments about Raptor War, that I can't wait to share during the wrap up meeting.

Thank you all again for being the wonderful, amazing people that you are.  You really have no idea how much it restores my faith in mankind as a whole to know that people like you are out there.

Baron Tor von Butterberg, OP
Baron of Arn Hold

Travis and Kathy Nelson <alriccate at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello All,

Raptor War autocrat here...

While we did not think that the fire would impact the
event at all, the fire had different plans. Around
4:30 this afternoon, we had one of the fire marshalls
come by to give us some news about the fire. It was
about 6 miles away from the site, as the crow files
and, at that time, was pretty much out of control.

Because there was not much wind, they were not doing a
manditory evacuation of the area...yet. However, the
weather forecasts for the area indicated some fairly
unpredictable wind changes coming, so an evacuation
might be called for at any time.

After a discussion with their excellencies of Arn
Hold, we determined that we'd rather be safe than have
a mad scramble in the middle of the night, so we
closed the event down at around 5PM and everyone began
to pack up.

I have to say that I was truly impressed by the way
everyone jumped in to help get things gathered and
loaded in such a short amount of time. I want to
thank everyone that helped take down and load the
baronial pavilions, showers, etc. All in all, the
event went well, except for the rushed ending ;-)

In Friendship and Service,

Baron Alric of Ashfield

Meister Tor and Dame Rachel
Baron and Baroness of Arn Hold
(208) 322-3444 before 9:00pm MST
"It is only with the heart that one sees clearly.
What is truely essential is invisable to the eye."
- Antoine de Saint Exupery