[Artemisia] Noon update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Thu Mar 30 12:03:18 CST 2006

Well progress is slow but steady.

The night nurse/AM nurse was a bit premature in stating he would sit up at
breakfast.  He dangled at the bedside and did pretty good.  Said it "felt
weird"  Most likely will try the sit in the chair thing latter this
afternoon.

He's more awake but is sleeping lots (which is good).  They took out 3 of
the 4 chest tubes.

He's down to just 2 continuous IV meds and some saline.  One med is for
irregular heartbeats and one for blood pressure.  The insulin is gone and
his blood sugars are stable.  Hasn't eaten anything yet except water.
They're trying various methods for pain so as to avoid the morphine.  A
couple of oral meds and some IV type meds.  Hope that gives some good
control

I got my room at the inn for tonight so I will be able to do the shower
thing and sleep in a bed.  Not that that will help the back but at least I
won't be in anyone's way in here.

Well that's all I can think of for now.  Got any questions just drop me a
line.

Thanks,
Cheryl