[Artemisia] Kingdom Heraldry

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 22:56:49 CDT 2006

At the moment, my real world includes proper funeral arangements for a great
grandfather who passed away Monday at the age of 102.  This is only four
months after making funeral arrangements for a grandfather in Feburary, and
dealing with a less-than-friendly mundane clergy.  Some peace here would be
welcome at the moment.  I would beg forgiveness of those to whom this
missive may come out as a bit short in temper.  I would like to have put
this missive off until after Saturdays funeral, but with the tennor of
recent posts, waiting might be more disasterous than posting while under
personal duress.

The real world does happen.

When I took this herald gig in September, there were some things I had hoped
to accomplish.

For the record ... FIRST AND FORMOST ... was to get the group heralds to
report on a reliable basis.  That part, I am jazzed to report ... is finally
happening.  The heralds office is not mandatory for groups smaller than
Barony size, so finding out who the heralds office should be expecting
reports from has been a major part of that challenge.

Along the way ... there has been a need identified for a silent heralds
program.  That project is in infancy but is progressing.  I would LOVE to
have someone step up and take it over.  Anyone???

Several posts recently have adressed the web page ... that is being worked
on.  Just for the record ... Malkin knows NOTHING about web, unless one is
discussing that pesky spider in the cupboard under the stairs.  Jo knows
precious little more than that.  If one can't click it to make it work, I
have no idea.  One may read into this that there is a LARGE learning curve
happening where web is concerned.  It did not help that there was  Society
level server move in the middle of all of that.

Additionally, several posters have commented on the online OP.  Recent court
reports get input really quickly.  Updates have to be cross-checked before
they get input.  If there was no court report ... then updating is more
difficult.  Award fraud can ... and does ... happen.  Wormwood sent out an
article last month detailing why it sometimes takes so long to get a
correction on the OP.  One may want to revisit that post ... there is some
really useful stuff in it.

If anyone has a question with how the heraldry office is being managed ...
please feel free to email Sageherald at yahoo.com.  I will be happy to try to
answer your questions or direct you to someone who can.

If one believes that they have a better way ... please feel free to email
Sageherald at yahoo.com, we are always open to suggestions on how to improve.

If one has an issue with me personally ... please email me personally.

Cheers

Malkin

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com

Cynicism is not realistic or tough - it is unrealistic and kind of cowardly,
because it means you don't have to try ... Peggy Noonan