[Artemisia] OT OOP Surgeon Shopping

John Lawler woodmancreations at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 19:14:07 CDT 2007

Well I am somewhat of a veteran of this topic having had 5...yep thats right five seperate knee surgeries. I do not know about UT. But I went to a guy here in MT and he is the US ski team physician. His name is Dr. David Sobba. Whitefish MT

Ely
(I only limp really late at night!)
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can still hold on to one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth!> From: jo_foster81 at hotmail.com> To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org> Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:31:52 -0600> Subject: [Artemisia] OT OOP Surgeon Shopping> > > That is SURGEON, not CHIRURGEON.> > OK, so I broke the knee brace. Ya ya I know, this is the second one, but it has been two-and-a half years on this one. Just talked to the Department of Veterans Affairs ... initially to have the knee brace either repaired or replaced. After several false starts I finally got a LIVE BODY ... not an answering service. The news … for once, was good. I am now authorized to have the surgery done on the economy. That means I can find a doctor to do the surgery outside of the VA. The up-shot is, I could be having the procedure done sooner. I am totally cool with THAT idea, since I won’t have to be laid up over the holidays. Optimal would be early-October. > I am somewhat in a position to be choosy. I will NOT have it done in Rock Springs (the local hospital has killed two of my extended family that I know of). Right now I am searching for a surgeon that can do the job well enough that it will last longer than a year. The work involves ACL and LCL re-replacement, MCL and PCL repair.> I have a strong suggestion for a surgeon out of Park City UT, with potential surgery at Cottonwood Center in Salt Lake City, UT, but I am open to suggestions. Where would you go for a knee reconstruction? Where would you stay away from?> Please feel free to reply privately.> Jo (Georgia L.) Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.comNever knock on death's door........ Ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.> _______________________________________________> Artemisia mailing list> Artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org> http://lists.gallowglass.org/mailman/listinfo/artemisia