[Artemisia] Desserts at Coronation

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Wed Aug 29 14:31:35 CDT 2007

Catriona A. Morganosa wrote:
> Maybe I should contact Warren and see if he's available to make a few of his
> divine creations, what with cheesecake and other, amazing desserts all being
> period, or at least falling into the allowable range of SCA Weirdness, as
> laid down by the SCA College of Heralds Rules for Submission. I'm pretty
> sure desserts are covered under that section in the rules.
>
> Malkin or Shauna, back my play on that one? I figure if us rules lawyers in
> the CoH can allow for an oddity per person, surely the populace of Artemisia
> can ponder it in the face of cheesecake with chocolate lace that bleeds
> caramel? Or maybe he'll be talked into the raspberry truffle filling between
> the two layers of handmade cheesecake with a marbling of strawberries. Then
> there was that one with the rum that we had at Uprising?
>
> Excuse me, I have a call to make...
>
> Stepana Catriona Morganosa, OP
>
> "Hey, so, are you guys in a play or something?"
> "Wait, you can see us?"

Having been asked to comment, I can only say this:

Put down the chocolate and back away and no one will get hurt.

There is no such thing as 'Death by Chocolate'.

I make no claim to knowing much about cooking and such - I am NEVER to
be feast steward,
according to my oldest and closest friends who have witnessed me burning
water (true story!).

I would never want to 'rule' on the periodicity of something delectable
to so many - but, sadly,
I am not a cheesecake afficianado. I will eat it, but I will not
necessarily seek it out. Given the
choice between cheesecake and chocolate I will head for the chocolate
every time (the darker
the better). Now, a chocolate cheesecake would DEFINITELY have my total
attention.

Shauna
(there is a reason I am a herald and let others cook!)