[Artemisia] Harry Potter

JRoss007 at aol.com JRoss007 at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 16:41:51 CDT 2007

In a message dated 7/25/2007 3:33:39 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
stephanae at countryrhoades.net writes:

I  suppose you're correct that it isn't fair to compare the Harry
Potter books to adult fiction in the same genre. All things
considered, I think I understand what you mean about how Harry sees
the world, although I get the impression that you and I may have had
very different types of childhoods. I was introduced to those  vicious
people early on, and I wouldn't have survived childhood  without my
books. And in the end, maybe I'm jealous for the heros of  my
childhood--for Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy;

Meg and  Charles
Murray; and even for Dorothy Gale. I think they had no less  of that

Wrinkle in Time, one of my all time faves.
My Hero was Tom Swift jr, and all the inventions that shouldnt work.  (though
the Nuclear sub, well, I'll take it.)    And of course ,  al of Heinleins
heros and heroines. (Or Teenagers trying talk daddy out of a  rocket ship.)  Ray
Bradbury, Issac Asimov , The casebooks of Sherlock  Holmes  etc.....
  TV yes, and my fave channells being DIS and HIST. (SciFi of course,  almost
secondary.)

quality  you've defined than does Harry. For me, they had more. So the
Harry  Potter phenomenon perplexes me.

   Lord Eoin