[Artemisia] fighting in the heat of day

Catriona A. Morganosa catriona_a_morganosa at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 12:05:45 CDT 2007

That was actually a problem for several folks and is often the case at
events in the summer. I know the rapier duelists went "bird watching" at
dawn and it was the best possible time to ...um... bird watch. I know of at
least two duelist who did not participate in the rapier activities because
they were being held during the heat of the day.

Is it possible to have the melees, tourneys, etc in the mornings before 11,
classes after 11 to around 5, then more fighting until about 8? That keeps
the fighting out of the heat of day, puts people in shaded areas for the hot
parts and the sky stays light til 9:30 in these parts.

I actually ended up missing Ulric's Pelican ceremony because the heat took
me down with exhaustion on Saturday. I can't be the only one.

Stepana Catriona Morganosa, OP

I have no respect for an animal that can be hunted with a hammer.