[Artemisia] New Kingdom Rapier Marshal

Ysabel de Lille ysabel_delille at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 18:20:20 CDT 2007

Ok, I must've missed something, because I cannot see how "boffer" can offend?  Did I miss a decree or ultimatum?  If so, I'd love to be informed, since I know my 3 year old can say "boffer" but obviously has a bit of a tougher time with "Youth Combat" etc.

~*~Lady Ysabel la Serena de Lille~*~

Dalek: But you have no weapons! No defences! No plan!
Doctor: (grinning) Yeah. And doesn't that scare you to death?

~While he can use the position title of "Kingdom Youth Combat Marshal", and I shall happily refer to him as such, in my neck of the woods, they are, and always will be, "boffers", or "boffer swords".   Those are perfectly acceptable words.   Political correctness be hanged!

~Padruig, on his soapbox, awaiting foolish mortals who want to argue about the evils of political correctness, and the downward spiral in mundane society due to it.   Bring it on, Baby!

~That would actually be the Kingdom Youth Combat Marshal ("boffer" is no longer a
good word"), and I think Don Azir is doing double duty.