[Artemisia] cooling idea

Catherine Helm-Clark no1home at onewest.net
Wed Jun 20 10:11:28 CDT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 11:33 PM, artemisia-request at lists.gallowglass.org
wrote:
>  In the past I have tucked frozen freezer packs (the flexible kind)
>  underneath my breastplate and on top of my armour padding. Right
> over my

I have done similar things.  There's a lot of room between
me and the inside of my globose steel breastplate (i.e., it's
even fatter than I am).  Cloth wrapped ice and cold pacs
tend to live in that space if I know I'm going to be on the
field for a long time without a break.  I also often add a
soda or two too.

It was at a Lillies War around ten years ago that I walked
out of the Calon shield wall and into a pel meeting.  Having
just left the fighting field, I didn't have a chair so I just plunked
down on the ground in the space between the thrones and
everyone else's chairs.  Then I stopped the meeting dead
when I reached into my breast plate, pulled out a cookie and
a nice cold Fitz's root beer, popped the bottle cap and
chugged about half the bottle.

I'd love to say that "timing is everything" but it was totally
unintentional on my part to do that to the pel meeting.

ttfn
Therasia von ScourgeOfPeerageMeetings