[Artemisia] political correctness

Stephanae Baker stephanae at countryrhoades.net
Wed Jun 20 15:12:12 CDT 2007

Indeed we are getting along, Lady Ysabel. Padruig requested that a
foolish mortal propose an argument in response to his statements
about the evils of political correctness. I obliged and shared my
dissenting opinion. Padruig and I disagree (sort of) about what
political correctness is. We also disagree about some finer points,
but we are disagreeing civilly.

I enjoyed your response Padruig and even agree with some of your
points, but I will refrain from continuing the conversation. It's
evident that the mere possibility of conflict is making people in
this public forum uncomfortable. Perhaps we can enjoy a friendly
argument in person some day.

I sincerely apologize to those who were uncomfortable with my words.
I know I enjoy a lively debate a bit too well.

May I also plead with you to consider whether a debate has actually
descended into the realm of hostility and personal attack before
accusing others on the list of flaming. Expressing one's opinion,
even if it's a dissenting one, does not constitute flaming.

Belladonna