[Artemisia] More Norman Garb Questions

L.J. Richards richardslj at bresnan.net
Sun May 13 12:54:59 CDT 2007

re ?#2 - military term is "leggins" (w/o the 'g').  Were worn thru WWI and
then on their way out.  Interestingly WWI is where you see the last vestiges
of medieval armor and the beginnings of the 'modern army'.  I must remember
the name 'wikklebands'!  Cool name!
Bronwen (who's also a museum curator; and leg wrappings would be the
secondary term)