[Artemisia] Fw: In Praise of Play

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:18:37 CDT 2007

Actually, doing the work is HOW I get my jollies ... seriously.  There exists within me a deep abiding need to do something that I know is helping.  I am sure they have a word for this ... seems like there is a word for pretty much every ailment and affectation these days. It is a part of the hard-wiring that makes for fire-fighters, police officers and emergency medical technicians.

Further, I realize that there are folks who just show up to play.  That is cool … it works for them.  The optimal situation in any social group (Patriot Guard Riders, Rendezvous players, RPG players, outdoor councils, etc.) is to have a balance of folks who get their jollies by doing the work, those who pitch in when a hand is needed, and those who just show up for the program.  Without the full spectrum of folks, things can and do get … messy.

How to obtain a healthy balance of folks is another issue entirely.

two pennies nonce

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
ArtemisiaJo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.