[Artemisia] Grand Council discussions

KyneWynn kynewynn at sfcn.org
Sat Jan 19 15:30:42 CST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Dr. C. M. Helm-Clark Ph.D.

Subject: [Artemisia] Grand Council discussions

> Good Cousins,
<snippage>

Oftimes, topics up for discussion on the Grand Council
> list have been brought up here on the Aerie , <snippage> The current
discussion on the Grand Council list is neither calm nor
> straightforward. >
<more snippage>
> First, the issue is contentious - it has created a real tempest in a
> teapot in several other kingdoms. With this in mind, let us please
> remember to keep things calm, polite and thoughtful. After all, we are
> all friends here who know how to agree to disagree.
<yet even more snippage>

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, here is the topic currently under discussion by the
> Grand Council at the request of the BoD. <small snippage>
THE TOPIC (insert
> scary music here). ;-) >
> > We have our Board assigned Topic:
> >
> > The Board of Directors would like the Grand Council to consider the
> topic of _*membership dues with respect to "pay to play", "pay to
participate", "pay to fight", or "pay to...?"*_

> ttfn
> Therasia

Wow-- what a build up -- and here I thought the topic was going to be
"circlets-- okay to wear or not to wear" (well, I guess that is a
contentious Artemisian topic, not an SCA-wide one); I'm sure there will be
many opinions on either topic.

KyneWynn
(looking forward to the ensuing "discussion" -- of Pay to Play,  and maybe
Circlets.)