[Artemisia] WAS: Top Posting vs. Bottom Posting NOW knightly behavior

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 17:54:45 CST 2008

  Clearly, some of you don't have the foggiest idea of what Chivalry was like in the middle ages versus what we in the SCA consider it to be.

  Second, anyone considering Yumitori to be unchivalrous because he is enforcing long held rules is being silly.  Part of the job of a Knight is to defend the kingdom against transgressors.  This list is part of the Kingdom which Yumitori defends.  Hence his right to rail upon transgressors.  If you don't think JUSTICE and DEFENSE OF THE WEAK (in this case, those of us not administrators who don't like to read the same lines forty times over again and have our email cluttered with repetitive and unnecessary verbiage) aren't Knightly virtues, you don't know a damn thing about Knighthood and should probably read up.  Or ask a Knight.  I recommend Yumitori, he's an exemplary Knight.

  As for the 'if you don't like it, lump it' discussion.  This is a common thread in many walks of life.  I, for one, think its pretty easy to trim your messages.  I trimmed this one completely for example.  So I'd think if a simple thug like myself can manage it, all you other verbose and chatty fellows can manage it as well.

  So, honestly, I appreciate Yumitori's patience and hard work on this list and others through the years and although I appreciate the sensible choice of flaming him privately, I think you'd all better think twice before assuming he's unchivalrous.

  Anyone having issue with my words, I'll be available at a number of events this year and I'll accept challenges to anything I've said and God will choose the right of it.

  Sincerely,

  Conrad von Zuberbuhler