[Artemisia] All topics played out...

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Thu Jan 24 09:37:47 CST 2008

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John D Gibson<mailto:scjdgibson at gmail.com>
  Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:20 AM
  Subject: Re: [Artemisia] All topics played out...

  :- 2. Don't top post
  Always better to interweve your posting.  Makes it easier to understand what
  you are talking about.

  <snipped>

  Umm, hmm... well personally I was wondering what other period games could be
  played with a tarot deck besides French Tarot.   Then there is the thought
  of how thin was period linen for say a chemise, and more importaint, where
  in Idaho Falls can I buy the fabric on the inexpensive.  O, and thier is the
  famious how period and what can I get away with pertaining to garb, and not
  have m'Lady Heather of Elswood not want to shoot me, but be willing to wear
  it.  :-)
  Other ponderables may come to mind as I toss and turn all night.

  John Gilson
  (Did I mention you have less than 5 months to sew for Uprising XXII)

  Actually John, I'd disagree with about the interweaving...depending on how your email system presents quoted passages to you (mine does this stooopid line thing I can't get below to bottom-post, so there's no way for me to distinguish between quoted bits and my bits), the interweaving can actually make it more confusing.
  And I'd recommend that you get your linen for shifts and shirts and underlayers online like I do (fabrics-store.com).  They sell a decent, 3.5 oz linen in white, which I tend to buy by the 20 yd bolt.....
  --Maire, who has no need to "sew for Uprising," and who is wondering why John, as a guy, wants linen for a French woman's undergarment.....<weg>