[Artemisia] Getting to War

Signy Gydadottir signyg at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 29 09:55:31 CST 2008

I don't believe this has ever been cross posted to this list, though I
know it is making the rounds on the other local lists. Just in case some
of you are not on any of those lists...Please contact me or Brynjolfr
directly if you have questions...

Good greetings to one and all of the Southern Region of the Kingdom of
Artemisia!

This is just a reminder of the availability of the use of a War Wagon
for transporting your goods and gear to Estrella. As of now we only have
11 people involved in this endeavor so there is still plenty of room to
get on board and save yourself some money. On February 1st, I will be
oredering the truck so Fighter Pratice in Gryphon's Lair on January 31st
will be the cut off date.

Just to refresh your memory, members of  the Barony of Gryphon's Lair
are renting a moving truck to transport our goods to War. We have opened
this up to our neighbors to north and south so that we might drive the
costs of renting the vehicle to the lowest amounts possible per party.
We are attempting to keep the cost of ttransporting materials to War and
back to around $100 or less. By doing this, people would then be able to
carpool down to War in more economical vehicles and share expenses and
save money overall. From our own recent trips in a less-than-econonoic
al truck, we've been able to average out the cost of getting to War and
back to $400 just in fuel. With the number of breakdowns that we have in
vehicles for our populace every year, this rental could also remedy that
situation in that, if the truck breaks down, the truck company will send
a new truck and a crew to move the load. So, save wear and tear on your
own vehicles and save money in the
process.

On February 1st, we will figure out what sized truck we need and reserve
that vehicle. On February 7th and 8th, we will load the truck and the
truck will be leaving on the 8th. The truck will arrive on-site on
February 12th as we have pre-regged and can get on-site at that time. If
anyone needs their gear sooner, we can make arrangements to get the
truck on-site earlier. We will be in Phoenix visiting family from the
9th until the 12th so that would not be any inconvenience.

Half of the truck rental fee (approx $50) will be expected to reserve
your spot and must be received by January 31st (contact information
available upon request). The remainder will be due on the day that we
load up. We will have exact prices once we know the number of people
participating. As I have mentioned before, the more people we get, the
cheaper that this will be. This is going to be the first time we have
offered this service and hope that we might be able to make this
available to everyone for future events. If we get enough interest, we
might be able to use this for Uprising, Glory, Pennsic, Great West, and
any other long distance events that we can get a group of people
together for. We are hopeful that this could become the standard for
getting as many people as we possibly can to events.

YIS,
Brynki
Lord Brynjolfr Alarrsson