[Artemisia] Funding improvements at The Farm

Dan Lind darthnapster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 16:14:38 CST 2008

Having read many fine comments regarding fundraising, unequal income levels,
and the legality of official fundraising efforts, I have a suggestion.  I
think we should look to the legal fundraising that occurs around us all the
time.  For example, community centers and theaters with brick walkways sell
the bricks.  Patrons names are embossed in the brick so they are remembered
as contributors.  Loch Salann did something like this years ago when they
were raising funds for a baronial pavilion.  They sold the dags on the
pavilion to the populace.  I remember my first estrella when I could tell
the LS pavilion from all the others by the fact that I could see my sisters
device and wicked uncle Bill's device and many others I knew on the dags of
the pavilion.  Whenever I saw it, I felt like I had come home.  We could
come up with some out of the way area around the vigil garden where we could
mark the names of those who contribute to building it.  We would certainly
have to keep it from being anything that would detract from the rest, but a
small token, to remember the living who remembered the dead, would be nice.
And it would encourage everyone to donate as much as they can; be it fifty
dollars, fifty cents, or labor to help build it.

Christian

--
Einarr the Christian Son of Håkon, GPA
Côte du Ciel