[Artemisia] A Garden for Reflection and amusement

Kim Rule kimrule at cableone.net
Tue Jan 29 18:27:00 CST 2008

Constance de la Rose, OL
(the gardener longing for spring) mentioned:

"Thyme is a very good one - the cooking kind not the decorative kind -
it will
grow to a certain size and then stay there.   You can clip it to provide

flavoring for food and it will grow to fill in and then stop.   Takes
very little
water and no real care.   I use it as the filler between the sidewalk
and the
street because I got tired of mowing and watering that area.   Also when
you
walk on it, it smells great.   And it isn't harmful to anyone or
anything that
I know of."

Actually, thyme was used in medieval gardens between paving stones where
people walked.
When a lady's train would be drug across it, it would rub the plants,
and fill the air with the scent of thyme!  Pretty cool if you ask me!

Una