[Artemisia] KINGDOM EVENT - info please read

Thaya S - Dame Rachel damethaya at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 12:41:39 CDT 2008

Greetings to all,
  Please read the following about the Kingdom Event in two weeks in Arn Hold.  This is a lot of important information that all need to know so please, I would appreciate it.  Particularly see the colored sections (if you view in HTML).   Sorry if it is a little long.

  In case any of you did not know, there will be a Kingdom Champing Event held in Arn Hold at the end of this month.  Dates are Friday May 30th to Sunday June 1st for the Fletch, Foal and Frolic Event - where there will be CAMPING and MERRIMENT FOR ALL.  Info can be found on the Barony of Arn Hold web site at www.barony-of-arnhold.org and off of the Kingdom Web Site at www.artemisia.sca.org for directions and times, etc.

  IMPORTANT: you can not Map Quest for directions.  So please print them out from one of the web sites or from your Kingdom or Baronial Newsletters.  The directions mention that you go to the end of Eagle road.  Please be aware that Eagle road runs North out of town and will eventually, out side of Eagle, curve to the left and change names.  The road continues but changes names, same road new name.  Stay on that road until the pavement actually ends then turn right at the dirt / country intersection.  Read the actual site directions it is all there.  And YES there will be signs.

  PLEASE BE AWARE
  No above grown fires or tiki torches.  Coleman type propane stoves and lanterns are welcome. Dogs on a leash are welcome, please bring poop scoops.  Everyone bring trash bags for your trash and plan to pack it out with you.  There will not be any Cell Phone service once you are actually out on site.  Eagle Township where there is cell service and groceries is about 10 or 15 minutes away max.  In case of emergency there is a Satellite phone that can be accessed nearer to site, this will be for dire emergencies only and at the discretion of the Event Staff.  You are coming here to get away from it all so plan to be out of touch.   Also, you will want to bring a folding chair or champing chair that is portable for sitting and a parasol or sun hat as shade will be limited.  Remember your sun screen and bug spray. If you have an extra garden hose or two we can borrow, bring them marked with your name and phone on them - we want to string them all together from the water
 spicket to bring it closer to champing - less walking when hauling heavy water.  There will be a Kingdom Fund Raiser silent auction, bring money and if anyone has an item they would like to donate please contact me PRIVATELY off list (if you have not already).

  This will be the Kingdom Archery Championships, the Kingdom Equestrian Championships and the Baronial Archery Championship.  There will be a Sunday Morning Brunch for Her Excellency Baroness Giliana honoring of Our Glorious Queen.  All are invited to partake, and during the Brunch, to enjoy watching the Arn Hold Baronial Archery Championships; with possibly some Hound Coursing before hand.  The main focus of the event weekend is Archery and Equestrian, all are encouraged to participate or to offer your support as an enthusiastic spectator, and to give your wonderful companionship to our Glorious King and Queen at this Kingdom Event.  If anyone has any questions or concerns you can contact either myself Baroness Rachel Ravenlock, the Event Steward cell 208-870-7322 or Honorable Lady Freydis the Good, the Co-Event Steward and Kingdom Equestrian Marshall cell 208-672-2722.  We hope you can all attend.  There will be port-a-potties on site and plenty of potable water from the
 on site well.  There are no champing showers (provided by the Event Staff) on site, so you will want to plan accordingly.  If you plan on attending both days of the weekend, but will not be champing, I would suggest that you pay the weekend fee as it will allow you to come and go for a better cost then paying each day individually.   That is all for now, see you all then.  Looks to be some nice weather.
  Yours in service,
  Dame Rachel Ravenlock, OP
  Sixth Baroness of Arn Hold
  =============================

  Baroness Rachel Ravenlock cell 208-870-7322
  Honorable Lady Freydis the Good cell 208-672-2722.

“There have always been tyrants, and for a time
   they prosper.  But they always lose in the end, always.”
- M Gandhi
  Legal: Mrs. Thaya G. Shaeffer
  SCA:  H.E. Dame Rachel Ravenlock, OP
            Sixth Baroness of Arn Hold