[Artemisia] Who's Your "King"? -- Authenticity

Lord Alexander Ormskirk alexander at crystalcrags.org
Sun Nov 2 13:30:58 CST 2008

My time period, middle 1400s to middle 1500s was a very busy time if you
were a King or King wannabe.  The King when I was born was Henry VI.  When
I was about 15, in 1461, Edward IV became King.  Henry VI regained the
throne for a VERY short time (7 months), in late 1470 and than lost it
again to Edward IV in early 1471.  Edward remained KIng until his death in
1483. After his death, his 12 year old son, Edward V was King until
Parliament declared him illegitimate, so that Richard III could be
crowned.  Than in 1485, after gaining the support of some relatives of
Edward IV, Henry VII defeated Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth Field
and he was my King until his death in 1509.  The last King in my lifetime
was Henry VIII.

The Popes during my time period were Eugene IV, Nicholas V, Calistus III,
Pius II, Paul II, Sixtus IV, Innocent VIII, Alexander VI, Pius III, Julius
II, Luis X, Hadrian VI, Clement VII, and Paul III

As I said it was a very busy time!

Alexander