[Artemisia] A Pride of Classes for Gryphons

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:24:10 CDT 2009

> The Gryphon's Pride is an open award, ...There was a long time where there was not very many active children, which put it on the back burner for a while.

>That is rapidly changing with the Youth Program

Hey, that sounds like my cue!

<ahem. tap, tap, can you hear me in the back?>

!!!Youth Track at Collegium this Saturday!!!

http://www.gryphonslair.org/CollegiumSchedulev4.pdf

and

http://www.gryphonslair.org/CollegiumCatalogv5.pdf

Ask-a-Peer! Dancing and tumbling and serving feast! Shields and stained (sorta) glass!!

Honeycombs and Easter eggs and killer bunny rabbits!!!

And nifty stuff that adults can learn, too.  :D

Allegretza, Youth Officer and all-around cool lady of Arrows' Flight, will teach the fine art and useful skill of Feast Serving Etiquette.

The Wrack of Wrabbits from Artemisia's favorite province can ladle gravy to royalty without spilling a drop. Come learn how to present

everything from soup to nuts with flair and confidence.

What Does It Mean To Be a Peer? Come ask them! A Knight and squire, Laurel and apprentice, Pelican and protege will tell you what it's like
to do what they do. Bonus: A White Scarf and a cadet will share what's it's like to uphold the honor of the blade.

Double Bonus:  Duchess Tianna and Count Ralph will talk about what it's like to wear the crowns of Artemisia.  Too cool to miss!!

Dame Constance de La Rose will show us how important 'Da Bee was (and still is) to human life. See what it's like to work with beeswax

and taste honey straight from the comb. She'll bring lots of cleansing wipes -- but you may want to wear a protective t-shirt over

your good garb.

Lord Padruig, the Kingdom Youth Combat Marshal, will teach the principles of Shield Building and foam weapon (boffer) construction.

Safety specifications for Artemisia, materials, where to find them, how to put them together, how to size a sword to your body.

**This class is a must-have for any parents whose young warrior wants an arsenal in time for the Uprising tourneys! **

Sir William Kyle will be teaching "Die Like a Warrior!" How to fall dramatically in tourney combat without hurting yourself.

The principles apply to any age, body type, & weapon form. Kyle works as a professional stunt man for the film industry;

he will supply tumbling mats. Come dressed for vigorous movement.

Lady Elizabeth Carter will teach Dance for the younger set. Elizabeth is heiress to the repertoire of Maestro Niccolo; she knows

many English and Italian dances, and teaches with great energy and joy.

Lady Una, our delightful crafting ninja, will demonstrate a really slick way to simulate Stained "Glass" Windows without the use of

glass, specialized cutting tools, or solder. (An ordinary household iron & board will be used.) Supplies will be provided.

And, if everyone is very, very good (Timmur, this means you), we may very well be surprised with a springtime treasure hunt...

the pastel jewels possibly guarded by a monster with nasty sharp teeth!!!

Oh, did I mention that Youth classes are very cool for newcomers and adults, too?

Aurora de Porgugal

Kingdom Youth Officer

& evil overseer