[Artemisia] Under 18 Fighter Auth Cards

Allen Hall dukealan at q.com
Tue Jan 27 16:07:06 CST 2009

For those who asked why under 18 fighter cards need to be marked "minor" and their helm/mask marked, the following is from the Society Earl Marshal, earlier this week:

"Recently there was an incident where a minor from a 16+ Kingdom went to fight in a Kingdom that didn't have minor fighting.The minor in question did not ask permission, did not declare themselves a minor, weren't asked because the Kingdom auth card is exactly the same as that for adults.The minor was injured and being treated by a Chiurgeon before the marshallate and chiurgeon even knew he was a minor.Luckily the parent was not one to raise a fuss.This did put the staff in a bit of a situation that I want to make sure doesn't happen again.After this I inquired around and recieved several stories about similar things happening in the past when a minor from somewhere else came to event "x" and there were fighting issues, injury, problems with parents being upset that "x" happened to their kid...I'm not looking to brand minors as oytcasts but they ARE CHILDREN, not adults and we already require special things for them to participate.A small marking is a fair adjustment to not put an adult in a situation where they do not know what's on their battlefield."
Again if you have questions or comments CONTACT ME OFF LIST

Alan