[Artemisia] The Scroll Thing

Allen Hall dukealan at q.com
Tue Nov 17 19:50:41 CST 2009

My, some interesting thoughts on the scroll thing.  My letter will be short.

1.  The Crown can make awards faster than scribes can make them.  It is a pitiful thing to not give an award because there is no scroll (or do-dad).  But it's happened...many times.

2.  Corisande and I were discussing this, many of you already know our view on this, so I'll forgo that for this point.  However, to give a sense of proportion, Corisande brought this up:  a scroll takes at least as much time to create as making a set of plate armour legs, or arms.  And the value is about the same.  So, everytime we give away a scroll, that's the same as giving away a nice set of plate legs (or arms).  So when you see this next time, it will give you a good sense of how much effort and time that artist put into a scroll.  Wow!

3.  Finally, I absolutely agree that the Crown or ruling royalty, such as Barons and Baroness, can dictate what They wish to give out, or not give out.

Carry on with the discussion.  If you don't let the Crown and Their Officers know what you think, they won't have the benefit or your thoughts, which may help guide Their actions.

YIS,  Alan