[Artemisia] More scroll discussion

Jeri Foster jofvertsilva at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 09:38:46 CST 2009

Greetings,

Before we leave this topic I'd like to throw in a pitch for the Awards website. When a scroll is presented in Court the Royalty get to see it and usually the populace sitting within the first twenty feet. The person receiving the award might get a chance to show it off to a few people after Court and then get to take it home and put it on the wall for anyone who visits their house to see. However, that leaves out the few hundred other people in the Kingdom, who might be interested in seeing the fine work of these artists.

I'm hoping that either the recipients and/or the artists themselves can send me photos (.jpg) or scans to add to the Awards pages. I think that this will encourage the artists and give them a wider audience. Plus those of us who don't have time to do this kind of activity ourselves, but like looking at it will be able to enjoy and appreciate the work that goes into them. (Note to Sir Alan: Personally I prefer looking at scrolls more than armor, though armor has it's own appeal.)

So if you have received a scroll for an award in the last 3 months or made one that was given, feel free to send me that photo. Even if the award was given long ago, I'll put up the newly received scroll for people to enjoy. (I've heard rumors of a 70 pound scroll that I am dying to see...)

You might take a few minutes and browse the Awards site at http://awards.loch-salann.org/ to see what is already there. (It's not just awards for Loch Salann, however Loch Salann is hosting the site.)

Thanks for your time,
Mistress Jerilyn

Please send stuff to jofvertsilva at yahoo.com. It will be vastly appreciated by many people.