[Artemisia] Harvest Court announcement & schedule - Oct 23

Gene Mealey rapierfighter at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 17:49:02 CDT 2010

Greetings All!

Harvest Court is fast approaching!  If you wish to partake of the wonderful feast being planned you have one day left to reserve!  (Due Saturday!)

In addition to the event announcement info, there will be rapier pickups taking place around 1pm and a medieval gambling tourney starting around 3pm.

Just a reminder, the site is DRY.  You may bring and gift alcohol if you so choose, but it may not be consumed on site.

We hope to see you there!

Harvest Court
October 23rd
Join us as we celebrate the completion of another year's harvest and we hold our Heavy Fighters Tournament.
It will be the Champion's duty to help protect our lands during the coming year. At the end of the
year, the Champion will devise a tournament to choose his successor. The tournament is open to all
belted and unbelted heavy fighters, but the Champion must reside in the northern lands of Artemisia
(Montana).
This year our Champion, Sir Til the Lucky has devised a most fitting tournament to find his successor.
Each fighter in turn will hold the field against all fighters in the list. The fighter with the most victories
will be named Champion.
In addition to the tournament, we will be playing medieval games of chance (no actual money is involved),
hosted by Lord Duran al-Rumi, formerly known as Diego de la Mar. Learn fascinating ways to
relieve your friends and family of excess wealth at a later date.
We will be serving a 16th century Italian feast prepared by Dame Annys of Pengwyrn. If our hunters are
successful, we will be including a dish of wild game as part of the feast. Please contact her before
October 16th if you have any dietary concerns. Feast reservations are due by October 16, 2010.
Site fee: $9 (includes lunch). Feast Fee $10. Children 7 – 12 half price, Children 6 free. The family cap
is $45.00. Non-member surcharge is $5.
Make checks payable to: Barony of Sentinels' Keep, SCA Inc.
Site opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 9 p.m. Opening court will be at 11 a.m., lunch will be served at noon
and the Champion's tournament will begin at 1 p.m. Evening court will be at 5 p.m. and feast will be
served at 6:30 p.m. Due to site concerns, we will do our best to hold strictly to this schedule
This is a dry site and no pets, please.
All fighting, including pick-up fights, must be finished by 4:30 p.m. so that we are not a distraction
during Mass.
Site: St. Anthony Catholic Church's hall, 217 Tremont, Missoula, MT 59801.
Directions: