[Artemisia] Arn Hold Baronial Collegium - Call for Classes

holdtyte1 at aol.com holdtyte1 at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 08:51:28 CDT 2011

Greetings,

I would be honored to teach at collegiums, I am sisterScholastica, ( a.k.a Mst. Leah de Spencer) I could teach any of the followingclasses.  I would be pleased if youwould choose one or two classes that you feel your populous might enjoy.  The classes are all one hour in length,and there is no fee.

Just let me know if I can be of service, if  none of these classes fit into yourplans,, don’t worry, I’ll be there as an enthusiastic student.

Thanks for your time and consideration

                                                            SisterScholastica s.c.a
1-   Becoming a Religious in a Medieval Benedictine House.
The class will cover Novitiate toProfession, discussing the various steps taken by medieval sisters in becominga fully invested member in the religious community.  I will also discuss applying that information to developmentof a religious persona.

2-   Daily life in a Medieval Monastery
What is reallygoing on behind the Grill, in Medieval Benedictine
Monastery.   What the sisters are doing withtheir time, and talents.
We will also discuss how thingslike the liturgical hours of the day
affect the daily lives of theordinary citizen in medieval life.

3-    Cycles of Lifein the medieval world.” In this class Iwill discuss the cycle that influenced the life of not only the medievalreligious, but the secular world as well. We will discuss the medieval view of the universe, the Liturgical yearand hours of the day.   Thisclass gives a glimpse of the worldview of all who live in European middle ages.

4-   The Habit, fashion and the unstylish nun.
 In the class Sr. Scholastica will discuss the habit worn bythe sisters of St. Catherine’s Abbey, and how it is similar and how it isdifferent from the habits of other religious houses in Medieval England.

5-   Comparing the various Orders found in Medieval England
This is a survey course thatbriefly describes the different types of religious organizations found in themiddle ages, and compares the various orders found in England from theorigination of Christianity to the dissolution of Catholic houses by HenryVIII.