[Artemisia] Repost: Needleworkers Guild meetings restarting in the Barony of Loch Salann

Bethoc du Cruford leishman10 at msn.com
Tue Aug 30 16:17:00 CDT 2011

Reposted for those who subscribe to Aerie and not the Loch Salann mailing lists:
==============

Greetings good gentles,

As the summer months draw to a close and it becomes necessary to move indoors, our thoughts turn to warmer activities, specifically the needle arts.

I am happy to announce that starting the second Tuesday of September (the  13th) from 7pm to 9pm,  the Needleworker's Guild will once again be holding regularly scheduled meetings at the home of THL Bethoc.   The frequency of guild meetings will be a minimum of once a month and could increase and/or move to other week days based on the interest and/or needs of it's participants.

The purpose of the guild is to learn and teach period embroidery styles and techniques and to produce servicable items.  To avoid being locked into one style of embroidery, a wide variety of 'how to' type resource books are available on site for review.  It is my hope that  experienced embroiders would also be willing to come and share their knowledge and expertise with others. If experienced persons are not available, we will be teaching ourselves using printed instructions and practice.  By working and learning together the goal of the guild is not only to produce servicable items of beauty for ourselves and our loved ones, but also to produce items of largesse for the baronial and/or kingdom coffers.

Participants are not required to be 'members' of the guild to join in our educational sessions and work groups.  However membership does have 'it's privleges'.  More about that when we meet. Meetings are also not restricted to members of the Barony, if you live outside the baronial borders and enjoy or wish to learn more about embroidery, we welcome your participation.

As we move through various projects and classes, copies of instructional pages and project details will be available at no cost.  Materials for practise and most largesse projects will also be made available (material fees may or may not be requested, depending on project costs).  You should expect to provide your own materials for personal projects.

Contact for the guild will now be:  THL Bethoc   801-322-4984
Address for meetings:                  628 N. American Beauty Dr, SLC   (10th West, just past 6th North)
                                                  Note, this is a pet free home, however we do have occassional (infrequent) visits by canine (dog)
                                                  friends.  Those with severe allergies should take that into consideration.

If interested, contact me directly via email or at the number provided above.  I will also be present at Insurrection and Harvest War, feel free to find me at either event.

In service
THL Bethoc